An ordinary ram truck requires some updates at regular intervals. The right graphics can change the looks, but many are hesitant due to budgetary requirements. Given below are 10 popular options in Dodge Ram graphics decals and emblems which do not dent pockets. Using these decals is no rocket science. Paste them as per instructions and you are good to go.
Precautions when using Dodge Ram graphics decals and emblems
- Repeated application and removal will damage even good surfaces. Make sure to take out sometime for zeroing on the exact thing you want on the Dodge Ram. A particular style, if well maintained can last for quite some time. avoid taking impulsive decisions and think over the styles. Online reviews are good sources for valuable and genuine customer opinions.
- Another important issues the quality of graphic sticker decals. The quality itself ensures that the product will last for a long time. High pricing is not a definite indicator of quality. If you are buying from online retailers such as Amazon, the comparison of different reviews makes the task a bit easier.
- Under maintenance car paint will hurt the cause. The surface paint should be in good condition. There must not be any peeling structures or air bubbles on the surface which could possibly prevent the usage of graphics and decals. The best thing is to use it on original paint. In this way the surface quality remains the same even when you remove the graphics. The stickers tend to damage the surface of repainted cars as there are high chances of the new paint coming off. Paint quality is perhaps the most important factor here. Conduct a visual and touch inspection before starting the process.
- after placing the sticker on the surface let the car rest in shade. Parking in direct sunlight may cause Paint damage and color differences on the surface.
Why use car graphics in the first place?
This segment has a broad user base. Having the name and phone number on the rear end also qualifies as simple car graphics. The number one reason people use them is to increase the aesthetic appeal.
Designing the car graphics is nothing short of art and hence the role of designers is of prime importance. But why do we need these stickers in the first place?
- Compare it with a paint job and you will be astonished with the price difference. Painting jobs will normally cost thousands of dollars whereas the cost of decals and emblems is nothing in comparison.
- Customization is another big appealing factor. Your Dodge Ram truck may look ordinary, but the right kind of graphics will bring forward customized looks which you would not have visualized in the first place. This appeal is powerful and motivates a wide range of audience.
- Many companies use them for advertising. It acts like a moving poster with attractor factor. This is something like a low-cost advertising solution with high returns on investments.
A brief history of Dodge Ram
Many have questions regarding the origin of the term Dodge Ram and whether they represent the same company. From an official point of view there is no such term in the current market. There are Ram pickup trucks and Dodge cars such as Durango, Charger etc. Many still prefer to use both the names combined which is understandable. A long history creates a strong attachment.
When did the companies move separate ways?
The history starts right from the early 1900s. Detroit car companies Detroit car companies had a long-term understanding with Dodge brothers company hey for the purpose of spares.
The company then tried its luck In car making and made quite a name in the market. Sensing good prospects, Chrysler merged Dodge brothers company into its ambit. Their strong points were trucks and cars.
The term ram arrives
The word ram comes into play during the 1980s. Marketing experts saw this term as a fitting description for the line of pickup trucks. Very soon the name established itself among the masses.
2009 – Ram treads a separate path
To keep up with the competition the parent company allowed Dodge and Ram to split. From 2009 onwards Ram would focus on pickup trucks and Dodge concentrated its efforts towards the passenger car market.
Nostalgia lives on
Corporate may decide something for company benefits but some names create spaces in the hearts and minds of customers. You cannot dislodge these emotions with boardroom decisions. Even today you have people searching for Dodge Ram graphics decals and emblems. Appreciation for top quality service and products remains a trending topic even when changes are happening at a fast pace.
Tips for easy maintenance of pickup trucks
It is not only the sheen and shine that matters. Graphics and stickers may enhance the looks of your pickup truck, but nothing substitutes timely maintenance.
Trucks work hard on difficult terrains and deserve that extra amount of care for lifespan extension and efficiency preservation.
- Tires are the first elements to deal with rough terrains. Check for recommended pressure and replace the worn-out ones before the due date.
- Engine is where the power comes from. Keep a tab on the level of oils and fluids and add whenever the level goes down. Areas include power steering, washing fluids, coolant section, braking unit, transmission section.
- Regular cleaning and waxing keep corrosion away. This is also necessary to increase aesthetic value. Also check the interior sections for detailed cleaning.
- Allow the engine to breathe properly with clean oil and air filters.
- Replace the battery before the due date. Inspect the functioning of the alternator time to time.
- Make a list of all the belts and hoses and keep a tab on their wear and tear. (For example, drive belt, timing belts etc)
- Unwanted noise and vibrations disclose the health of the transmission system.
- All lights – reversing, brakes, taillights, headlights need timely inspection.
These steps may sound simple and methodological but bring great results in the long run. With these simple repetitive procedures you can preserve the in-built power of your machine for a long time.